192-HOUR OIL AND GAS SAFETY
192-HOUR OIL AND GAS SAFETY AND
HEALTH MANAGER PROGRAM
Companies hire occupational safety and health managers to design, develop, and deploy effective safety management systems within the organization. If you operate, or plan to operate, in the oil and gas industry, you will need to know how to apply safety concepts to this dangerous field.
This program is designed for current or potential OSH managers or directors in the oil and gas industry who are responsible for establishing or managing their organization's safety and health program. Emphasis is placed on gaining the knowledge and skills needed to design, develop, and deploy a world-class safety management system, and tailoring and applying that knowledge to the oil and gas industry.
If you are a current or prospective safety manager in the oil and gas industry, it's essential you complete this program. By completing this program, you will be able to:
- Learn how to effective manage a company's oil and gas safety and health program.
- Stay current on OSHA's regulations applicable to the oil and gas industry.
- Develop the skills needed to build an effective safety management system (SMS).
- Understand the safety manager's role, responsibilities, and qualifications needed in the oil and gas field.
- Continue to build on your leadership skills and ability to effect positive change.
Managers are responsible for ensuring all employees are trained to safely perform their job duties in the dangerous oil and gas industry. By completing this program, managers in the oil and gas industry will be able to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to oversee the safety management system (SMS).
- Monitor workers and the environment to quantify the risks associated with drilling.
- Develop safety policies to improve standards for onshore and offshore operations.
- Prepare for emergencies, such as oil spills or injuries.
- Improve system quality through reduced workplace accidents and injuries.
To qualify for this program certificate, students must complete all required courses listed below. There is no time limit to complete the required courses.