Risk Assessment Award
Level II Award Risk Assessment
This Risk Assessment course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of the risk assessment process so they understand the legal requirements, how to assess and manage hazards, and how to perform a risk assessment in their premises. This Risk Assessment course helps learners understand each of the key steps of a risk assessment, including how to identify risks, manage hazards and determine the likelihood of harm, so that they are confident in carrying out a risk assessment in their own premises.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Be able to explain the five key steps of risk assessments
- Understand the types of accidents, injuries, and ill-health that may occur as a result of failing to manage health and safety.
- Be able to describe the difference between near misses and accidents
- Understand the 3 types of risk assessments
- Be able to identify vulnerable groups of people
- Explain the legislation associated with risk assessments
- Feel confident to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of the workplace
The course is divided into 5 easy to follow modules :
- Introduction to Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? Why are risk assessments important? Who should carry out a risk assessment? Common causes of workplace injuries.
- Legal Responsibilities – the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, other regulations, approved codes of practice, employer responsibilities and law enforcement.
- Identifying the Risks – the steps of a risk assessment, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, evaluate the risks, the likelihood of risk, the severity of harm and the degree of risk.
- Reducing the Likelihood of Harm – decide on precautions, the hierarchy of control measures, engineering controls, administrative controls, personal protective equipment and further help.
- Recording and Reviewing the Results – record your findings and implement them, download a risk assessment template and review and update.
Who is this course for?
This Risk Assessment course is designed for everyone whether you are an employer, a manager, a supervisor or an operator regardless of the industry or environment that you work in.
The course is also a great introduction to Health and Safety practices for individuals wanting to develop a career within Health and Safety. If you are looking for work, this qualification is a great addition to any CV.
There are no entry requirements for this course other than a commitment to learn.
This Risk Assessment course can be a major stepping stone to a career in Health and Safety management. The course is also a great addition to any list of qualifications as both iirsm and CPD are nationally recognised and respected accreditation bodies.